The Slingerland Approach Short Classes focus on specific components of the comprehensive training. They provide practical tools for teachers, parents, or paraprofessionals who work with children who need a multi-sensory approach to learning. No practicum is included with the short classes.
Short Classes offered include:
- Handwriting Skills
- Pre-Reading Skills
- Techniques for Teaching Reading Skills
- Pre-Reading Screening Skills
- Screening Skills
- Spelling & Written Language
INTRODUCING the Slingerland Basics Class.
- Suitable for General and Special Ed--Tutoring--Educational and Academic Language Therapy--Homeschoolers, the class:
- 50+ hours of Explicit, Structured, Sequential, Multisensory Instructional Strategies for Reading, Spelling, Handwriting and Written Expression
- Teaches to the Intellect of Students
- Reading Instruction Useful within ALL Subject Areas
- Includes the major components of the Slingerland® Approach taught in the Handwriting, Reading Skills and the Beginning Spelling & Written Language short classes.
For a detailed description of each of the above classes, please go to the Slingerland Classes page on the main website: https://www.slingerland.org/for-teachers. Click on the title of each class and the description will display as a pop-up window. Links to register for the classes are available in the events page of the SIL website - just scroll through and find the site/date for the class of your choice: Slingerland Events Page
These classes are also approved for continuing education units through the University of San Diego. Approval can also be obtained through local universities. Additionally, the short classes are approved for clock hours for Washington state participants through My247ed.
Discount pricing for comprehensive and short classes is available to Slingerland Institute professional, lifetime and organization level members.
Discounts will be taken at the checkout page by entering the code
provided by the SIL Office.
The membership discount cannot be used in connection with any other product coupon or special.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Slingerland Literacy Institute admits students of any race, color, national and
ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities
generally accorded or made available to students. It does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in
administration of its educational policies, admissions policies,
scholarship and other programs.
Click Here to see the list of current Slingerland classes.